21 January, 2010

M8s don't bully other M8s

Don't be a bystander! Tell a teacher, tell your parents, or a friend,.. Don't let the bullies get away with it. Make your own poster and share it with your friends. Visit the ANTI- BULLYING webpage at http://www.bullying.co.uk/index.php/make-a-poster.html



Here there is an extract taken fron this webpage. Take a few minutes to read and consider it.
I AM - Poem for Anti-Bullying Week
"We recently came across a poem in our archive that was donated to Bullying UK by Laura about seven years ago.

You may remember it from an anti-bullying film with lots of celebrities like Sharon Osborne and Rio Ferdinand narrating the words. Before it was used to promote Anti-Bullying Week this wonderful and moving poem was right here on bullying.co.uk.

Over the years Laura's amazing words have become part of campaigns around the world.
So here is Laura's original poem. It is called simply I AM "

"I am the person you bullied in school
I am the one who didn't know how to be cool
I am the person you alienated
I am the person you ridiculed and hated

I am the person who sat on their own
I am the person who walked home alone
I am the person you scared every day
I am the person who had nothing to say

I am the person with hurt in their eyes
I am the person you never saw cry
I am the person living alone with their fears
I am the person destroyed by their peers

I am the person who drowned in your scorn
I am the person who wished they hadn't been born
I am the person whose name you don't know
I am the person who just can't let go

I am the person destroyed for 'fun'
I am the person, but not the only one
I am the person who had feelings too
...and I am a person, JUST LIKE YOU!!! "

1 comment:

  1. we have really liked the poem, it is very moving.
    everything it says is true and we must take it into account.
    bye
    kisses
    laitama

    ReplyDelete